INTRODUCING THE JHM B8 S4-S5 3.0T PERFORMANCE CLUTCH!!!
After two years of research, development, prototyping, and testing we are finally ready to release our long awaited Performance Clutch Kit for the B8-S4 and B8-S5 with the 3.0T FSI! We began developing this kit in 2011 and have already installed it on several cars. We like to test all of our products for an extended period of time to verify the durability and longevity of the part before selling it publicly.
WHY THE JHM CLUTCH KIT? Our Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo comes with our JHM B8 S4-S5 Performance Clutch. This clutch kit features an upgraded, OEM Luk pressure plate with an increased clamp load of over 150 pounds more than the OEM pressure plate while still retaining the self adjusting clutch mechanism (SAC). Increased clamp load leads to greater torque holding capacity without the use of overly aggressive clutch disc friction materials.
CLUTCH DISC OPTIONS: For the clutch disc, we have 3 different options to run with our lightweight flywheel and clutch combo:
STAGE 1: Our Stage 1 Disc is the OEM B8 S4-S5 organic disc. This disc - paired with the increased clamp load of our upgraded pressure plate - gives the best compromise between increased holding power and maintaining the OEM feel of clutch engagement. This is recommend for stock or near stock vehicles with basic bolt-on upgrades that aren't driven aggressively.
STAGE 3: Our Stage 3 disc is a Ceramic and Metal Backed Organic disc meaning that the material that contacts the pressure plate is an organic material with metal integrated into the material. The side that contacts the flywheel is ceramic. This combination of materials will give you a much more direct engagement as compared to the stock disc, while still remaining very easy to daily drive. This clutch disc is recommended for FULL BOLT-ON cars that are driven aggressively and/or light duty track use.
STAGE 4: Finally, our Stage 4 disc is a Ceramic and Kevlar disc. Kevlar is the material facing the pressure plate and the ceramic material is facing the flywheel. This disc will engage slightly more aggressively than our Stage 3 disc and is still very streetable. The Stage 4 Disc will give you the most torque holding capacity over all three setups. The only downside to this disc is the extended break-in period. See below for more information on the break-in procedure. Select your clutch stage from the dropdowns below before adding this product to your cart.
Click to enlarge picture
Click to enlarge picture
CLUTCH KIT SPECIFICATIONS:
- Upgraded, OEM Luk pressure plate with 150 lbs more clamp load over stock pressure plate.
- Stage 1 Clutch Disc with Organic Material
- Stage 3 Clutch Disc with Ceramic and Metal Backed Organic Material
- Stage 4 Clutch Disc with Ceramic and Kevlar Material
- 1x JHM Upgraded, OEM-Luk Pressure Plate
- 1x Clutch Disc - Stage 1 (OEM Organic), Stage 3 (Ceramic-Metal Backed Organic), or Stage 4 (Ceramic-Kevlar). Select your Disc Material from the dropdown below
- 6x Pressure Plate to Flywheel Bolts
- 1x OEM B8 S4-S5 Throwout Bearing
- 1x OEM B8 S4-S5 Guide Sleeve
FITMENT: All B8 S4-S5s with 6-speed manual transmissions and the 3.0T FSI Motor.
- B8 S4 with 3.0T FSI V6
- B8 S5 with 3.0T FSI V6
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND TORQUE NOTES: These are NOTES ONLY are not a substitute for factory installation manuals or technical expertise. They are to be used a supplemental guideline only. We always recommend that an experienced technician perform ALL clutch and flywheel installations. For shops or individuals who have access to factory manuals but not factory tools, here are some tips and guidelines we have used to complete this job without the factory tools:
- The JHM Lightweight Flywheel installs in the same manner as the OEM Flywheel. Follow the OEM installation and torque procedures.
- Aligning the clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel assembly: Install the throwout bearing/sleeve onto the transmission. For alignment of the clutch disc it is easiest to put the flywheel face-up, place and align the disc splines on center with the center bearing in the flywheel, put the pressure plate on top, visually check that the disc is still on center, and begin to tighten and torque the pressure plate. The pressure plate bolts need to be secured with red, high-strength Loctite. Make sure the pressure plate bolts are tightened in a star pattern at multiple torque intervals. This is to make sure that the pressure plate diaphragm or fingers are not distorted upon installation. Once the pressure plate is fully torqued to the flywheel with red Loctite to factory specifications (18 ft-lbs, in intervals), the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel combination can now be slid onto the transmission as you would a torque converter on an Automatic Transmission. If the assembly will not slip on the transmission, this is most likely due to the fact that the disc is not on center. Remove the pressure plate and attempt to re-align the disc. **NOTE: We've successfully aligned the assembly by following the above procedure. It is not that difficult to "eyeball" the alignment.
- Once the clutch and flywheel combo are installed in the transmission, the half-shaft can be re-installed (this prevents the clutch and flywheel from falling out of the transmission while attempting re-installation). Install and bolt the transmission to the engine. Install the JHM supplied bolts for attaching the flywheel to the flexplate. Torque the flyweel to flexplate bolts to factory specifications. This is done in a similar fashion to torquing down a torque converter to a flexplate on an Automatic Transmission.
BREAK IN PROCEDURE: Clutch break-in is important and must be done properly. During the break-in period ALL racing activities, launching, or aggressive driving that get the clutch hot MUST be avoided!!! For the Stage 3 clutch clutch disc you need to drive about 500 miles of city type driving. Each time the clutch disc is disengaged and reengaged slowly - basically, whenever you start from a stop or shift it aids in break-in. Because of this, highway mileage does not count. For Stage 4 clutch discs you need to drive about 750 miles of city type driving. Due to Kevlar's resistance to wear, it takes longer to break in. For shipping quotes: Please sign in or join then put the items you want in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
|Note: JHM works hard to make all fitment charts as accurate as possible please read the product description to make sure this is correct for your vehicle.|
|Audi||S4 - B8||2010 - 2016|
|Audi||S5 - B8||2007 - 2016|