Volkswagen Passat (B3) 1990-1993 Repair Manual
The Volkswagen Passat Service Manual: 1990-1993 contains comprehensive repair information for B3 platform Passat models. It's heavily illustrated with high quality photographs and drawings, and covers routine maintenance and service work.
Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to the Volkswagen organization and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. This manual has been prepared with the Volkswagen owner in mind. The aim throughout has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures, and accurate specifications.
Models covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
- Volkswagen Passat 1990-1993 4-cylinder gasoline models including GL and Wagon. Also includes wiring diagrams for Syncro models. USA and Canada.
Through the do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of the detailed maintenance and repair information available at an authorized Volkswagen dealer, the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician. Engines covered
- 2.0L 16-valve gasoline (engine code 9A)
- 5-speed manual (transmission code 02A)
- 4-speed automatic (transmission code 096)
Additional technical content
- Fundamental automotive concepts, including explanations of basic troubleshooting, safe and effective workshop practices, and tools.
- Complete tune-up specifications, plus troubleshooting and repair of the electronic ignition system and knock sensors.
- Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning.
- Troubleshooting and repair of the CIS-E Motronic engine management system.
- Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including testing and replacing the oxygen sensor.
- Automatic and manual transmission maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair.
- Suspension and power steering service and repair, including strut replacement and complete wheel alignment specifications.
- Disc brake reconditioning and repair.
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) troubleshooting and repair.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof.
- New heating and air conditioning information, including R-134a A/C systems.
- Includes the Passat Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, with detailed wiring diagrams.
- Plus the comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torque specifications that you've come to expect from Bentley manuals.
For additional technical content for B3 platform Volkswagen Passat models, visit our online technical library by clicking below.