Volkswagen Repair Manual: Jetta, Golf, GTI: 1993-1999 Cabrio: 1995-2002
The Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI: 1993-1999 Cabrio: 1995-2002 Service Manual is a comprehensive and up-to-date source of maintenance and repair information for Volkswagen "A3" platform models sold in the USA and Canada. Models covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
- Volkswagen Cabrio 1995-2002
- Volkswagen Golf 1993-early 1999
- Volkswagen GTI 1993-early 1999
- Volkswagen Jetta 1993-early 1999
Transmissions covered in this Volkswagen repair manual (removal, installation and external service):
- 1.8L turbo gasoline (code ACC)
- 1.9L diesel (codes AAZ, 1Z, AHU)
- 2.0L gasoline(code ABA)
- 2.8L gasoline (code AAA)
- 020 and 021 5-speed transmission
- 096 and 01M 4-speed automatic
Additional technical content
- Covers Volkswagen A3 models with "1H" or "1E" at position number 7 and 8 of 17-digit Vehicle ID Number (VIN).
- Includes GolfIII and JettaIII, Cl, GL, LE, GLS, GLX, GTI, City, Wolfsburg, Trek, K2 and Cabrio Highline editions.
- Tune-up and maintenance procedures, including resetting the Service Reminder Indicator (SRI).
- Engine and cylinder head service and reconditioning, including timing belt (4-cylinder) and timing chain (6-cylinder) repair.
- Explanation of Bosch Motronic, Mono-Motronic, Diesel Fuel Injection and Turbo Direct Injection (TDI) systems.
- Emission control tests, repairs, and adjustments, including Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Secondary Air Injection system.
- Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and axles.
- Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, rear coil springs, and wheel bearing/hub units.
- Disk/drum brake repair and troubleshooting, including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and traction control (EDL).
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C blower motor replacement and specifications for R134a refrigerant.
- Body adjustment and repairs, including sunroof adjustments and manual/power Cabrio top.
- Wiring schematics, including fuse/relay locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry.
- Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as control module coding.
For additional technical content for A3 platform Volkswagen models including maintenance schedules, supplemental text and technical videos, visit the online technical library by clicking below.