BMW 5 Series (E60, E61) Repair Information
The BMW 5 Series (E60, E61) Service Manual: 2004-2010 contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the BMW 5 Series from 2004 to 2010. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your BMW.
525i and 530i
- M54 engine (2004-2005)
- N52 engine (2006-2007)
- N54 twin turbo engine (2008-2010)
- N62 V8 engine (2004-2005)
Manual transmissions: (remove, install, external service)
- N62 TU V8 engine (2006-2010)
Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG): (remove, install) Automatic transmissions: (remove, install, external service)
- Getrag GS6-17BG
- ZF GS6-37BZ , ZF GS6-53DZ
- ZF GA6HP19Z, GA6HP19Z TU
- ZF GA6HP26Z, GA6HP26Z TU
Additional technical content
- Condition based service (CBS) maintenance procedures from replacing the cabin microfilter to checking and resetting service intervals. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal service (includes removal and installation of Valvetronic motor).
- Cooling system and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations.
- Information about advanced technical features such as Valvetronic, VANOS, twin turbochargers, DSC (dynamic stability control), dynamic drive (active stabilizer bars), active steering, and xDrive.
- Suspension repair procedures.
- Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body and hood repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
For additional technical content for E60 and E61 platform BMW 5 Series models, visit our online technical library by clicking below.