BMW Repair Manual: 3 Series (E90, E91, E92, E93): 2006 - 2010
This BMW 3 Series repair manual contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for BMW 3 Series models built on the E90, E91, E92 or E93 platforms from 2006 to 2010. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your BMW.
The do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Normally aspirated models (6-cylinder 3.0 engines)
Twin turbo-charged models (6-cylinder 3.0 engines)
- 325i, 330i, N52 engine (rear-wheel drive)
- 328i, N52KP, N51 engine (rear-wheel drive)
- 325xi, 330xi N52 engine (all-wheel drive or xDrive)
- 328xi N52KP, N51 engine (all-wheel drive or xDrive)
Transmissions covered (remove, install, external service)
- 335i N54 engine (rear-wheel drive)
- 335xi N54 engine (all-wheel drive or xDrive)
- Getrag GS6-17BG manual
- ZF GS6-37BZ(X) manual
- ZF GS6-53DZ(X) manual
- GM GA6L45R automatic
- ZF GA6HP19Z automatic
Additional technical content
- Maintenance procedures from changing the ATF to replacing the cabin microfilter. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Step-by-step variable camshaft timing (VANOS) service for N51, N52 and N54 engines.
- Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations.
- Information about advanced technical features such as Valvetronic, xDrive, twin turbo boost and DSC (dynamic stability control).
- Suspension repair procedures.
- Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body and hood repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
For additional technical content for E90, E91, E92 and E93 platform BMW 3 Series models, visit our online technical library by clicking below.