BMW Repair Information: 3 Series (E30): 1984-1990
The BMW Repair Manual: 3 Series (E30): 1984-1990 is a comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications for BMW 3 Series (E30) cars from 1984-1990. Whether you're a professional technician or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on 3 Series cars..
BMW E30 models and engines covered in this BMW repair manual:
BMW E30 transmissions covered in this BMW repair manual:
- 318i: (M10, 1.8 liter engine)
- 325/e/es: (M20, 2.7 liter engine)
- 325/i/is/Convertible: (M20, 2.5 liter engine)
- Getrag 240
- (4-cylinder cars)
- Getrag 260
- (6-cylinder cars)
- Fundamental automotive concepts, including explanations of basic troubleshooting, safe and effective workshop practices, and tools.
- Complete preventive maintenance procedures from resetting the oil and service indicator light to the yearly brake fluid change. This manual tells you what maintenance to do, how and when to do it, and why it's important. Many of the maintenance recommendations actually exceed factory-recommended service and are designed to extend your BMW's service life.
- Comprehensive Engine Management information explains specific BMW 3-Series driveability problems, with detailed troubleshooting and repair information for these Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management Systems: L-Jetronic (318i), Motronic (325, 325e, 325es), and Motronic 1.1 (325i, 325is, 325i Convertible).
- Troubleshooting tips with fast, proven repair procedures used by BMW technicians and specialists.
- Hard to find service information from dealer service bulletins, such as how to replace the camshaft timing belt, sprocket and tensioner with the correct Z-127 update, and cylinder head bolt replacement on early 3 Series cars.
- Large, easy-to-read wiring schematics for major circuits.
- Procedures and specifications for rebuilding engines and manual transmissions.